Work for us

Join Abingdon & Witney College, an award-winning employer

Work for Us

Management and Administration T Level

Course code: BFWU100P

Subject area: Business

Study level: School Leaver

Course level: 3

Course details

Course time:

09:00 - 17:00

Days of week:

Monday to Friday

Course date:

9th Sept 2024 - 26th Jun 2026

Course location:

Witney Campus

Contact details


01993 703 464

This exciting new qualification has been designed and developed with business professionals and employers with the aim of preparing learners for their future career in Business Management and Administration.
The T Level in Business Management and Administration is a 2-year qualification which is worth the equivalent of 3 A Levels. Unlike the A Level programme, T Levels enable you to gain a minimum of 315 hours industry placement experience alongside your study.

On this programme, you will develop your knowledge, skills, and behaviours through core content including Business Context, People, Project and Change Management and Business Behaviours. Through continued tutor support and employer engagement, your second year will focus on developing Team Leadership and Management skills.

Classroom learning accounts for 80% of the qualification with the remaining 20% being ‘on the job’ training with real employers as learners complete their industry placement.

Course units
Topics of study across the course include:

- Business context- People resources- Business behaviours- Finance- Quality and compliance- Governance and policies- Teamwork/leadership

What next?
T Level qualifications are the equivalent of 3 A Levels and therefore, there are a variety of options. Options available include, Higher Education (including degrees), Higher Level Apprenticeships or taking the first steps into employment as part of your future chosen career.
Entry criteria
5 GCSEs at grade 4 or above including English and Maths or a pass at Level 2 and English and Maths grade 4 or above.
Fee information
Study trips and visits linked to modules will be arranged as part of your programme of study. These normally include an induction trip and visits to retail outlets and large business organisations. Any applicable fees regarding these trips will be advised at the start of the course. A day trip and induction trip fee will be payable at induction and are correct at the time of writing:

Day trip fees: £60 (this covers two trips)

Induction trip fee: £50 (Venture Vortex)

There are bursaries available to help you with other course costs, call 01235 216 298 for more information.

As part of your course we may organise trips to assist you with your learning. Trips are optional, and you will not be penalised if you choose not to participate.

There are bursaries available to help you with other course costs. Call 01235 216 212 for more information.

The rules on fee reduction are complicated and we would encourage you to talk to our Admissions staff on 01235 555 585 to discuss your options. You can find more information on our Fees and Bursaries page - search "Fees and Bursaries" at the top of the page.

Course fees

16-18 Fee:

Tuition Fee: £0.00

Exam Fee: £0.00

Total Cost: £0.00

19+ Fee:

Tuition Fee: £0.00

Exam Fee: £0.00

Total Cost: £0.00

Qualifications received
At the end of the two-year programme, you will receive the T Level in Management and Administration which is equivelent to 3 A-Levels. UCAS points are also awarded to the equivelent 3 A-Level grades .
Learning & method assessment
A range of written tasks, presentations, discussions, practical tasks, case studies, projects, exams.

Assessments that contribute to each student's final grade are two paper based exams and an Employer Set Project in Year 1, and one externally assessed project in Year 2.

User skills
This course provides students with the opportunity to develop the essential skills required to progress into the business or similar industry. As part of your programme, you will develop the following transferable skills in collaboration with local and regional employers:

•Working within a business enviroment (As part of an industry placement)

• Working collaboratively with others

• Resilience and problem solving

• Effective communication

• Using your initiative and decision making