Course code: QCKU106P
Subject area: Art & Design
Study level: Part Time
Course level: U
10:00am - 4:00pm
Days of week:
15th Jun 2024 - 15th Jun 2024
Course location:Gosford Hill School
01235 555 585
In order to avoid disappointment, it is advisable to enrol at least 2½ weeks prior to the course starting. We will confirm course information two weeks prior to the start date.
• Observing the spatial relationships and weight-bearing nature of a pose.
• Drawing in line and tone.
• Using gestural marks.
• Learn how to measure for correct proportion.
• Draw with simple foreshortening and to consider the composition of the figure on the page.
The poses will mostly be of a short time span, with some longer poses towards the end of the session.
For the session please bring:
• Large pieces of paper (the bigger the better as it is easier to draw accurately at a larger scale,)
• A2 or A1 are best but A3 is OK (You are likely to produce about 15-20 drawings, so bring plenty - it does not have to be of good quality)
• Soft pencils (some within the 4-9B range),
• A Biro
• Charcoal and a putty rubber.
• Chunky graphite stick – optional (You will be using them, but tutor has some you can try out)
• Large drawing board. Tutor has a few for use on a first-come first-serve basis.
• Bulldog clips or masking tape to attach your paper to your board.
• Fixative spray (or cheap hairspray works just as well).
• Floor easel if you have one – there are a number for learner’s use, on a first-come basis, you can use a table easel if you have one or failing all else sit and use the back of a chair as a 'donkey easel'.
Please bring lunch and refreshments with you.
Abingdon and Witney College is subject to Ofsted regulation and is required to work with all its students to make sure they understand Government initiatives around Safeguarding, Prevent and Fundamental British Values. Information on these matters will be shared with you during your course.
You will also be asked to complete monitoring paperwork, which helps us to deliver course content to the highest quality.
Courses can fill fast, so please enrol early to avoid disappointment. Decisions on whether a course is to run are made two weeks prior to the start date - an email will be sent to you should there be changes to your course or if it is cancelled. Please check your inbox leading up to your course, including the junk folders. For anyone without an email account, our Admissions team will phone you instead.
For the first week of the course you will need to bring a valid form of identification; this includes passport, driving licence, debit/credit card, Birth Certificate or National Insurance card.
Please note - you should be 19 years old or over at 31st August 2023 prior to starting the course.
Courses offered by the college are fully or partly funded by the Government and the published fee takes account of this funding.
Before starting a course, the College is required to check you meet conditions relating to that funding, e.g. age, residency status within the UK/EEA, prior qualification level and employment status. In some circumstances (such as with online enrolments), these checks can only be completed after you have enrolled and paid.
If you are unable to pay in full for this course at the time of enrolment, and the course tuition fee is £300 or more, an instalment plan is available. If this is your preference, please do not enrol online but rather call the Admissions Team on 01235 216400 to enrol.
Once enrolled, Admissions will take the first instalment payment from you and pass on your details to the Finance team who will email you to set-up your payment plan. Please return a fully completed instalment plan to Finance as failure to do so could result in being withdrawn from your course.
The rules on fee reduction are complicated, we would encourage you to talk to our Admissions Team on 01235 216400 to discuss these options. You can find more information on our Fees and Bursaries page - search "Fees and Bursaries" at the top of the page.
Tuition Fee: £35.00
Exam Fee: £0.00
Total Cost: £35.00
19+ Reduced Fee:
Tuition Fee: £0.00
Exam Fee: £0.00
Total Cost: £0.00