Course code: XSZV001P
Subject area: Construction
Study level: Part Time
Course level: 3
8:00am - 11:00pm
Days of week:
4th Oct 2023 - 31st Aug 2024
01235 555 585
This could be your next step if you are developing your career in retrofit and want to be in a client facing role.
The Level 3 Award in Domestic Retrofit Advice course takes 4-5 days to complete and is ideal for those who want to help and advise clients start their retrofit journey. Retrofit Advisors work in a range of organisations such as housing associations, local authorities, energy and utility companies, and specialist retrofit companies.
Retrofit Advisors are often the first point of contact for residents and have 2 key responsibilities:
- They provide support and advice throughout the initial administrative process and support through the retrofit project
- They may also liaise with assessors, coordinators, designers, and installers to ensure everything is going to plan
2. Retrofit Principles
3. The Retrofit Industry and the Role of Advisors
4. Understanding the Principles of Retrofit Advice
Please send enquiries or expressions of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
There are bursaries available to help you with other course costs. Call 01235 216 212 for more information.
The rules on fee reduction are complicated and we would encourage you to talk to our Admissions staff on 01235 555 585 to discuss your options. You can find more information on our Fees and Bursaries page - search "Fees and Bursaries" at the top of the page.
Tuition Fee: £1,300.00
Exam Fee: £0.00
Total Cost: £1,300.00
You will be assigned a mentor who will guide you and provide feedback on your assessments. Using a bespoke online portal, you are required to generate a portfolio of evidence as well as a case study and professional discussion for your End Point Assessment.
2. Retrofit Principles - Learn the basics of construction and building services, energy efficiency and heat loss, retrofit measures and technologies and the major risks in retrofitting.
3. The Retrofit Industry and the Role of Advisors - Get to grips with the organisations involved in retrofit, the funding and grants available, the typical retrofit customer journey, PAS 2035 and the role of the Retrofit Advisor.
4. Understanding the Principles of Retrofit Advice - The skills and knowledge you need to do the job properly, including site visits, health and safety, common challenges in retrofit and energy efficiency and how to deliver good retrofit advice.