Course code: BPWG357P
Subject area: Accounting and Finance
Study level: Part Time
Course level: 3
09:15 - 16:00
Days of week:
5th Sept 2024 - 3rd Jul 2025
Course location:Witney Campus
01235 555 585
The AAT Level 3 Diploma in Accounting offers technical training in accounting and covers the fundamentals for anyone wishing to pursue a career in accountancy or finance alongside a range of complementary business and personal skills to gain knowledge, practical experience and certification.
This qualification comprises four mandatory units:
• Business Awareness
• Financial Accounting: Preparing Financial Statements
• Management Accounting Techniques
• Tax Processes for Businesses."
Completion of this qualification can provide progression onto the Associate Bookkeeping membership, where students will gain professional recognition with the designatory letters AATQB (Qualified Bookkeeper). Students may also progress onto the Professional level and become a full member of AAT upon achieving the associated membership criteria. The Level 3 Diploma in Accounting also provides the skills required to support the establishment and operation of a healthy business.
Skills developed through this qualification could lead to employment as:
• an Accounts Assistant
• an Accounts Payable and Expenses Supervisor
• an Assistant Accountant
• an Audit Trainee
• a Credit Controller
• a Finance Assistant
• a Finance Officer
• a Payroll Supervisor
• a Senior Bookkeeper
• a Tax Assistant.
This course is currently eligible for Level 3 “Free Courses For Jobs Offer”, if any of the below categories apply then you would be eligible for a reduction. Funding is subject to change.
• you are unemployed, and in receipt of a benefit eg Universal Credit, JSA, ESA, Income Support, or Housing Benefit and looking to use the course to find employment.
• you are in paid employment (working) and earn less than £20,319 a year gross from the paid employment.
• you do not already have a full level 3 qualification, or above. This includes A-levels (2 full or 4 AS), Diploma or other qualification at level 3 or the equivalent from outside the UK/England. Qualifications higher than level 3 include degrees, HNCs, Masters, PHDs and equivalents.
Tuition Fee: £2,350.00
Exam Fee: £0.00
Total Cost: £2,350.00
Students will develop an understanding of business and its structure and purpose, as well as an appreciation of the wider business environment. Students will develop skills supporting complex financial processes, such as final accounts, reports and returns, use of technology to provide management accounting information, and completion of VAT returns.
Students will be expected to take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks and procedures, as well as exercising autonomy and judgement within limited parameters, such as awareness of different perspectives or approaches within an area of study or work. Students will need to use a variety of data and information about a business to visualise and communicate key information needed for business decision-making.